1. The New York Times. Print edition. Especially Sunday.
2. English muffins.
3. Making small talk with strangers without having to think about what I’m going to say and whether it’s grammatically correct. And oh, do Americans love their small talk.
4. Heat and humidity. Yes really.
5. NPR (but then again, I listen to NPR on the internet anyway).
6. Not having to convert prices in my head to dollars to fully understand if something is overpriced or not (though now I find myself converting from dollars to Swedish crowns – “Would I think this was expensive if I was in Sweden?”).